Sunday 14 August 2016

Convocation Excitement

Convocation signifies achievement as also freedom from classes, assignments, tests and exams.
But you enter a phase of life where bigger tests are yet to happen.

Tests which have no syllabi.
Tests which will always be full of surprise.
Tests where you can't look over the shoulder of another student in the exam hall.
Tests which only you have to answer.
Test of life.

Ghumakkad attended the 5th Convocation of Hyderabad campus of BITS Pilani earlier today.
Glimpses of 2nd convocation held in 2013 can be browsed in our earlier post titled 'Convocation- A Day to Rejoice'.

Pictures of today's convocation follow.
Although it was a cloudy day yet the dullness was overcome by the excitement of the graduating students and their families.


The auditorium was all decked up with students wearing shining gowns.

The Chief Guest



Oath: "On this solemn occasion, Convocation 2016 at Hyderabad and in the presence of my teachers and my family, I pledge to use my knowledge and experience gained at BITS Pilani and elsewhere in the service of the people of my country and of the whole world. I will do so while adhering to the highest ethical standards, in harmony with the environment, and with utmost humility, honesty and devotion, and thereby bringing glory to my family, my alma mater, my profession and my country."


And then came the moment everyone was waiting for!



The following picture is courtesy my wife Neeta.
Am sure the readers will recall their own past when they attended their convocation. Even if you did not attend it physically, the thrill of graduating from your institute remains etched forever.

Thanks for browsing.

   Harsh-the-Ghumakkad/ 14th Aug 2016

2 comments:

  1. I missed attending any convocation. BITS it was not held for our batch & at FMS unfortunately I did not get the notice in time due to address change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind. You may have attended your children's convocation. Now prepare to attend grand children's graduation!

      Delete